Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Lucky I'm In Love

The last month has been so much fun...that's right, we've been married a month. I thought I'd post some of our adventures from our first month together as a married couple.
Clancy's amazing pancakes. I requested rocky road pancakes because I love everything with some chocolate and marshmallow on top and I am not lying they were the best pancakes I've ever had. I think he needs to start a stand next to J-Dawgs selling rocky road pancakes. I just thought of this but I'm volunteering Clancy to make the food for a breakfast party we're having one of these days. Anyone want to come?

Next is LAGOON! We had such a good day at Lagoon, we screamed, laughed, got frustrated standing in line (it wouldn't be a trip to Lagoon without that), and my favorite part... While we were waiting in line for the ride Wicked Clancy went on a walk to dry off from the ride Cliffhanger that he got soaked on. He was gone for awhile so I started watching for him when around the corner comes my man holding a churro! He definately knows how to love me. Then he told me that he'd taken so long because he'd seen a little girl standing alone crying so he asked if she was lost and she was so he calmed her down and walked her over to a worker. What a man I married! He surprises me with treats and saves small children. Who could ask for anything more?

Next was the Manti Pageant! It was great for Clancy and I to get to go back to the temple we were married in almost exactly one month later. We went with my parents and Ju and Ty. We had a lot of fun playing catch phrase and eating scones before it started and then laughed at Clancy getting more and more tired the whole drive home. Oh and if you notice in this picture I'm the only one looking at the camera!

Last, sorry no picture, I decided to have a Clancy day and do everything he loves. We went out to eat at Cracker Barrel-it started in Tennessee (where he served his mission) and has all the good food he loves. I got Chicken N Dumplins and he got Biscuits and Gravy. We stuffed ourselves til we were sick, but it was delicious. Then we had the most relaxing night at the opening Owlz game. We had great seats at a great game-Owlz won 6 to 4.

That's our life for the past month. We've had so much fun and can't wait for the fun times coming up this next mont...4th of July, Trip to Nyssa, and Nuttall Reunion!

8 comments:

Becca said...

Three Things:

1. Can I please come to breakfest? Those pancakes sound YUM!

2. You guys look like you've had tons of fun! Enjoy it!

3. I am so glad I am not the only one who still wears her PHS sweatshirts out in public.

YOU ARE ADORABLE!

Julie said...

i want a churro right NOW! i'll come pick you up and we'll head down to Mexico for the real thing. thanks for putting in a crap picture of me. i guess i deserved it after my post wedding entry about you.

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

You guys are way to cute! I'm glad to see you are doing so well!!

Clancy and Katie Black said...

Becca- I'll for sure let you know when we're having a pancake day, hope your baby boy comes soon, and PHS pride! haha I got teased for wearing it by a couple of people.

Ju- If the whole Mexico trip doesn't work our for some strange reason how about Costco churros and shopping for your house on Tuesday?

Unknown said...

Count me in on the breakfast party! I'll bring my grub too!

I think I may now refer to Clancy as Superman...saving children and rescuing a damsel in long-line distress definitely qualifies him as a super-hero! I love that you celebrated a day with things Superman Clancy loves! great idea for this oldy-wed :)

The Woods said...

The first month of marriage is the best! What a cute blog, Kate. You look so happy and I'm so happy for you!

stickywords said...

I can have Jared bring up some churros when he brings the boys back to the states. They won't be fresh when you get them...but they will be the real things.

Count me in on the pancake party.

Kelly

kwistin said...

katie!!

i didn't even know you blogged; i have lots of catching up to do! :D i love this so much. i love how in love you are. it just makes me so excited to get married someday, but to do it like you both did it: right time, right person, right place. and now you'll be together forever, what a blessing! it really gives me so much hope.

plus, seeing you two just makes me giggle, it's so darn cute. :)