Tuesday, June 9, 2009

The Good Life

I LOVE LOVE LOVE being married to Clancy. Here are some of my favorite things about being married :
1. Waking up- I never thought that I would enjoy mornings :)
2. Not having to say goodbye at night
3. Cooking-I'm learning and it's fun to experiment
4. Everyday life together- I love just reading my book while Clancy's doing his homework in the kitchen.
5. Praying together

This week Clancy and I got a calling in our ward. We're the CTR 6-8 teachers in Primary! We are so excited and already had a great time with our kids this last week, they are so sweet and so smart, I know it's going to be a good experience for us to serve in this calling togehter. We'll be sure to keep you updated with our stories from our primary kids.

Last for this post, today I went to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple open house with Ju, Tee, Leah, Solomon, and Roman. As we were walking up to the temple Tee and I saw Elder Holland! He was standing on the side of the temple looking at the grounds and the temple. I'm so glad Tee is so brave, she went and asked his security guy if we could go talk to him and he said sure so she said "Hi Elder Holland" He turned around and came and shook all of our hands...oh and tapped Christie's cheek and told us how glad he was that we had come to see the temple. I looked him right in the eye. I love eye contact with people, you can see more of who they are by their eyes. His eyes were very light blue, I actually thought they looked a lot like my eye color. I could see his strength and kindness in his eyes. It was such an amazing experience for me. It was my first time meeting an Apostle and I feel so blessed that I could meet him and at the temple too!

5 comments:

Becca said...

WOW! That is so cool that you got to meet him. James will be jealous. Elder Holland is pretty much his favorite. I'm a fan of eye contact as well. Sometimes, though, when it gets too intense I have to look away. I wonder if I would have had to look away from his...

I LOVE MORNINGS. That probably is the best thing about being married. You wake up and oh, there he is! let's cuddle and kiss and eat breakfast in bed. Yup. It's nice. :o) Now we wake up every morning with a toddler in between us....not as romantic, but still cute.

Karina Marie said...

Katie... you are officially THE CUTEST thing on the planet..I'm glad I made sure to put your blog on my reading list. CONGRATS!! Every thing you wrote just totally made me smile!! And, of course jealous that you got to hang with some of my favorite people... I don't care if they ARE your family, they are my favorite people too!! =)

Julie said...

i'm glad you're enjoying the married life. i can't wait to see that experimenting in kitchen. sooooo happy for you. the temple was great, thanks for coming with. love ya. ju

Chad & Angela Nuttall said...

Oh I'm so glad I found your cute blog! Congratulations, sorry we had to miss your reception, my best friend got married and we were with her the whole day. I's so happy to hear you're doing well!

leslie said...

You are starting off right by seeing so many good things! Your blog is the cutest and very touching. We love you! Oh yeah, Dawson says he loves you too! I had to remind him that you are a married woman. He He He