Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Primary Kids Say The Darndest Things

We love our calling and have some of the cutest kids around. I thought I'd give a sampling of some of the MANY laughs we've had since starting this adventure of teaching the 6,7, AND 8 year olds.

Halloween Costume Ideas:
The week before Halloween we were asking everyone what they were going to dress up as.  Then we asked them what we should be for Halloween since we didn't have anything planned yet-plus I wanted to see what their cute suggestions would be. The first little girl thought we should be a bride and groom (funny enough that's what we were).  The little boy suggested being a fairy and knight.  Last one little girl said we should be a princess and prince.  Clancy is so smooth and told the kids, " But Sister Black is already a princess!"  I was in the middle of looking at him so lovingly for being so sweet when one little girl yelled out,
"No Brother Black! She's a QUEEN!
 Haha! They all started laughing at poor Brother Black for thinking he was so smooth.

Money Anyone?
Another week when church was over we were right outside the primary room and Clancy was filling out a check for tithing with the checkbook pressed against the wall. One of our primary girls asked him why he was writing on the wall? We told her we were writing on the check to pay our tithing. She looked confused...I guess kids these days don't know checks? So we told her we pay with this check instead of cash.  She then asked why we don't have any cash? I told her we just don't carry much cash on us so that's why we are writing a check. She turned and walked a few feet to her mom and said,
"Mom, Brother and Sister Black don't have any cash!"
All of us started laughing...I hope her mom gives her a lesson on what exactly checks are. Hehe!

Last but definately not least, and maybe my personal favorite...

Hair-do Disaster of 2009:

One of the girls in our primary class always has the cutest little girl hair-dos the most adorable dresses and I'm pretty sure she has the sweetest face and the biggest eyes I've ever seen. A few weeks ago her hair was done up like the one above, a bun with a wrap sort of thing around it. We were sitting in singing time and I'm singing away when I look over and Clancy has a terrified look on his face, his hands are all tangled up in the net trying to get it back over a bun that's falling out. I look around and the primary presidency and the teachers behind us are all laughing and snickering at Clancy's attempts. He doesn't even notice. Finally he gets it to somehow stay on her head but hair is falling out everywhere and I'm pretty sure it was just balancing on top of what remained of the bun.  He looks down and tells her with the sweetest smile, "It looks cute." She smiles back with the nicest one she can put on even though she doesn't believe him at all and says thanks. Then her mom-who was one of the snickering primary counselors came and told Clancy thanks and good try and quickly fixed it in a way I'm sure only moms know how. I guess I better let Clancy practice on my hair a few times before we have any little girls of our own.

Life is good!

4 comments:

Julie said...

I swear that's why I don't have any girls. How would I do their hair? Tell Clancy not to feel bad, I can hardly do anything with girl hair too.

Zac and Carla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Zac and Carla said...

haha very funny stories- kids are just awesome!

Tee said...

Fabulous stories! Keep trying Clanc...you can only get better!