Oprah does a favorite things episode every Christmas and every Christmas I wish I were in her audience to get all of her favorite things. Of course she says they are inexpensive and reasonably priced so everyone at home should go buy them too, but she forgets that she earns a dillion dollars (thanks for that word solomon) a year so a $50 cupcake is a reasonable price for her...but not the rest of us. SO you get my favorite list. I PROMISE they are inexpensive for my income, so pretty much they are inexpensive for anyone
and I love them. Here are 5 for today, I'll try to remember to put up some more until Christmas.
1. Kix Cereal- Lately I've been on a Kix kick. Love them they are Katie tested, Katie approved. If you haven't had them for awhile go buy a box, you won't regret it.
2. Lars And The Real Girl- Don't read what it's about, it will probably make you not want to watch it. It is NOT dirty, it makes me laugh and cry everytime.Watch it, watch it, watch it!!! It's different, but it's good. Trust me. If you don't like it, I'll give you your money back.
3. Simple and Creamy Tortelllini Alfredo- I have a new found love for cooking, especially recipes that are fast, easy, and have a picture so I can see what it will end up looking like. Here is one of mine and Clancy's favorites.
Try it out, tell me what you think. One tip is I think the more crispy the bacon the better.

from kraftfoods.com
1 can (14.5 oz.) chicken broth
1 cup water
2 pkg (9 oz. each) refrigerated cheese tortellini
4 oz. cream cheese
1 cup frozen peas
3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
6-8 slices well done bacon
Pour broth and water into large saucepan; stir. Bring to boil on medium high heat. Add tortellini. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer 8-9 minutes. Add cream cheese and peas stir until cream cheese is completely melted. Stir in cheese and bacon.
4. Hunger Games and Catching Fire- Just go read them. That's all I have to say. Well actually I have a little more to say. I read this a couple of months ago and I couldn't put it down. Clancy would be home at night working on homework and I'd be laying on the couch reading this. I would laugh, gasp, yell out "NO!" and Clancy would look over and beg to hear what was happening in the book then I would fill him in. He loved the book too- even though he never read a single word.
5. imeem.com- if you havn't discovered this yet go to it now. It's way better than pandora because you can make playlists and save them or you can use it like pandora- put in a song you like and it will play similar things. It's free, they don't send you e-mails, and of course my friend Beth that introduces me to everything showed me this. Suggested songs to add to your playlist- You can take a listen by clicking on them to make sure you like it :)
Consequence by The Notwist - it makes me melt.
Halo by Beyonce - it's awesome
The Story by Brandi Carlisle - this song changed me
Set The Fire To The Third Bar by Snow Patrol-i had to warm up to this song
Supermassive Black Hole by Muse- can't get enough of it



5 comments:
I LOVE Lars and the Real Girl. I cry every time.
I also stayed up alllll night to read The Hunger Games and Catching Fire. I read each book in one sitting. No food. No sleep. No nothing. I couldn't put them down. Now I have to wait for the third book. it's killing me.
Ok, so I LOVED this post! I have never even heard of that book, EVER. I think I have heard of the movie, but I definitely have eaten the Kix! Oh, and that recipe looks super delish!
Imeem is no more. Myspace bought it and I want to cry.
i stole lars and the real girl from mom and dad's house like two weeks ago. i just had a hankerin' to watch it. it's so good every single time i watch it.
great list, I might have to do a mexican list. I too love kix. I don´t like kids cereals because they are too sweet and grown up cereals I have to get the splenda out and that takes vauluable cereal eating time. Kix and a few others are not too cold and not too hot but just right
Post a Comment