My last post was pretty short, I wasn't sure what I should put to announce the big news so I just announced it! Here's some more details about our baby...
Mothers Day 2010- We found out in the morning it was a great day to find out but also a very overwhelming day to find out. By the end of the day I was sick of hearing the word mother, especially since it was still sinking in that I would be a mother...take that back already was a mother. I think in my mind I thought that motherhood would start when the baby was out of my belly and I was feeding it, changing its diaper, reading it bedtime stories, etc... BUT boy was I wrong. I know life will change then also but almost immediately it seemed like things already changed- I needed to eat healthy, exercise, and of course stay away from hot tubs :) Then came the throwing up. I was sick everyday, pretty much all day. I learned some tricks.
Trick #1- Everytime I ate candy or chocolate or dessert I threw it up...EVERY TIME! So I stopped eating sugary things. One time I wanted to see if I could trick the baby so I ate a big yummy Hawaiin meal with rice, pork, salad, rolls, fruit, and then I just snuck in the smallest homemade oreo you've ever seen. One hour later Clancy was pulling over the car and I threw up the oreo...just the oreo! I couldn't believe it that is one smart baby. Luckily this has passed and I celebrated by eating a churro at Costco.
Trick #2- After eating, sit a good 45 minutes and don't move a muscle. This is not just a tip before swimming but also for me when pregnant. If I moved I threw up so I learned to love TV that was on around 9, 12, and 5.
Trick #3 If I think about cooking I gag and if I think about food I gag, BUT if there is a nice jr. bacon cheese burger in front of me all ready to eat, I can chow that baby down and eat a second one too.Okay,so I guess this post covers me being sick, sorry maybe not one of the funnest posts to read, but hopefully if you have gone through pregancy this helped you look back on the good old memories and if you haven't yet, I hope my tips help you. :)
Most of all I want to say that I feel so blessed to be able to be pregnant and to have a baby that I get to hold and carry for nine months and then hold and take care forever after that, even if I thrown up for a month straight, it's worth it. And the picture for this post... us looking like we won a dessert contest at the PHS 5 year reunion, but really somebody else did. Clancy looks very convincing though!
4 comments:
yay! congrats, im so excited for you guys!
Doug and I are both SO excited for you! I can't wait to find out if it's a boy or girl.
so glad you can eat churros now
Congratulations! I'm so happy for you that is so exciting!
Post a Comment