Sunday, August 15, 2010

Preparation

A lot goes into preparing to be a parent. Here's a list of some of some of the things that Clancy's been doing to get ready to be a dad.
1. Wrestling With the Boys: If we have a boy this will be his job- let them jump, hop, and tackle him at any given moment. (You can't really tell but that's Clancy on the bottom of the dog pile.)
2. Holding Very Tiny Babies: For some reason boys hold babies in about the most awkward way possible. I'm no pro yet either but I really think Clancy was a little nervous that something had broken on this baby because of him every time he held her :)  This is our sweet new niece Camila. My sister and her husband adopted her and we are all thrilled and really by the time they needed to go back home Clancy was a lot more comfortable with holding a 7 lb. baby. 
3. Growing a Garden: This has been Clancy's summer time hobby/love. He checks on these little babies and takes such great care of them. We have so many yummy veggies to eat also so that is helping our baby right now because I'm eating a lot of zucchini. It's too bad that my inside plant is falling apart, I hope that doesn't reflect on my parenting skills.

4. Still Take Wife on Dates: He still takes me on great dates. This one was especially nice because we all got together and went to the midnight showing of Eclipse-the boys even wore t-shirts and enjoyed acting like they are too cool for twilight, but we all know they enjoyed it too.
I think he's almost ready just 5 more months to go til the baby comes!

2 comments:

The Woods said...

So true about guys holding babies! That's hilarious! I think it's because they lack those important curves... We can't wait to find out if baby Black is a boy or a girl!

Jared Curtis said...

clancy don't sweat it. I have 2 months at this fathering thing and I still am scared to give my baby a bath. I do it it just scares me