Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Story

I love a song called The Story:

All of these lines across my face

Tell you the story of who I am

So many stories of where I've been

And how I got to where I am

But these stories don't mean anything

When you've got no one to tell them to

It's true...I was made for you

Well those are some of the lyrics from the song and here is the story... and I was made for Clancy and Magnolia...

Clancy and I had made a goal a very very long time ago to finish our family reading of The Book of Mormon before the baby came- we made the goal when we were still just saying "the baby" no gender or name yet. So January rolls around and for 3 dr appointments in a row I was dialated to a 2 and 80% effaced, the second of those appointments they stripped my membranes, didn't do a thing and we still weren't finished with The Book of Mormon. I decided on January 15th that this baby wasn't coming because we hadn't finished The Book of Mormon yet and that Heavenly Father would bless us with a little baby girl as soon as we accomplished our goal. We finished The Book of Mormon on January 16th.

January 17th at 6am Clancy got up to get ready for school, I got up to go the bathroom like usual, only this time I felt a wave of pain. It went away and I went back to bed. 10 minutes later I was awake and feeling another wave of pain. This happened 2 more times exactly 10 minutes apart each time so I decided to get up and let Clancy know I was actually feeling some painful contractions. We decided to go on a walk right then. On our walk I noticed a fence that was all mangled and looked like someone had hit it with a car, we did some investigating and saw tire marks in the grass leading up to the fence and a street sign knocked down as well. Clancy was so excited to be a good community member so he called the police and reported it. (That little tidbit has nothing to do with giving birth, but it was pretty exciting at the time.) Anyway, by 9am my contractions were 3 to 4 minutes apart and they stayed consistent and strong for an hour. I told Clancy we better get the car all loaded up. He looked a little shocked that it was actually time to go to the hospital.

We got to the hospital around 10:30am and Clancy decided to park as close to the doors as he could, which is very sweet and thoughtful of him. The only problem was that the empty parking spot was between two HUGE trucks. He had to park, back out, and re park 3 times to get to where we could get out of the car okay, the whole time I was laughing my head off.

It's getting late, I need sleep...The Story Part II coming tomorrow...or the next day :)
This picture of me and my chins, yes there are many of them, in the hospital should tide you over until I get back to the rest of the story.

3 comments:

Becca said...

how cute! I like the parking tid bit. haha. hubs are so funny and cute like that.I tried to read the BOM before Grace came too. And you know, it was nice. I am TERRIBLE about reading now because I feel like I don't have a quiet minute to actually read for realsies. but lately James and I have made a special effort to be better about it, and although we still suck, we are better, and I can tell the difference. The scripture really do make family life better.

Stephanie J. Hoyt said...

hahaha, so cute! Can't wait for more of the story. And I like that song too :)

J.Henke said...

Love Brandi Carlile. And you're fabulous, Katie - happy to know you and your lovely little fam, and it was so wonderful to have you all at my mom's reception! Hugs :)
Jenny