Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Find of the Week: Nine Month Edition

Best toy for a nine month old- Tap-A-Tune! YES she is 9 MONTHS! We wanted to get this for Christmas for her but then daddy saw how excited she got when she played with it at the store and his tender little heart just had to get it right then... don't tell Mags but we might wrap it up still for Christmas :)
Pro: Kept her attention longer than ANYTHING else she's ever played with-it is not just her age she has had a short attention span since she was 1 week old.
Pro: Clancy and I don't love the toys that make all the fake sounds and flashy lights. This is simple and when she hits the key it makes an actual sound! And it sounds great might I add-she's got skills!
Con: She likes to tip it over upside down but can't quite lift it up to turn it back to play and gets frustrated. I'm sure she'll figure this out soon though.

Bonus Find of the Week
Maggie and I make a trip to the library once a week. We always get her some new board books and me some movies. Don't worry I read too, just not one book a week. I pick up a book for me about once a month. Anyway I've watched some really amazing movies that I would have never watched if we had Netflix! Who needs Netflix anyways?!? (Actually I've been wanting it for a year now) but Provo City Library has done me proud!
Roots: AMAZING! I just got finished reading I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings by Maya Angelou and this was a great movie to go along with the book and remind me that I am grateful for the freedoms I enjoy and the strides are country has made.
Roots tv show photo

Upstairs Downstairs: I really loved this mini series. You feel so involved with the characters. I would definitely recommend this.

I've also rented a Robert Redford movie the last 3 weeks! The Way We Were, The Great Gatsby, and this week All ThePresidents Men. I've decided Robert Redford is very talented and handsome to boot! We'll see how many weeks this can continue. Probably not much longer. If you have any suggestions for a my next actor/actress to movie stalk let me know...remember try and think if their movies would be at the library :)   Thanks!

Sorry this post is getting long but if you're interested I've also checked out a lot of non-fiction movies/shows to keep learning so I can keep up with Clancy's smart brain. I've liked these:

2 comments:

Black Bear Escape said...

Try to find "Sneakers" & "The Sting" another one is "Jeremiah Johnson" - a little different - Robert Redfords plays a mountain man and it was filmed in Utah!(While filming this - he liked Utah so much he bought the property which is now Sundance).

Black Bear Escape said...

Forgot - "Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid"