Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Growing Up


First off a big SHOUT OUT to all those that commented on our last post! Here's what we've been up to lately...

Playing dress ups and talking on the phone.

Playing at the park

Making cookies for family home evening-she loves this stool in our kitchen she helps me do dishes everyday standing up to the sink and then helps again with every meal. She loves being involved and loves a challenge.  
Reading and more reading to her ducks. She loves these rubber duckies right now. My parents have a bunch of them that we race down the creek near their house. Well she loved racing them and became attached. She now likes to read to them, feed them-she wants one of them at the table and she gives it a bite and then she eats the bite she gave it, and sleeps with them. Very sweet but her Oregon State daddy is not such a fan of this new relationship...Go Beavers! :)

Clancy convinced me she could have a sip of his Mountain Dew. It was her first and will be her last for a very long time.

Here's a little peak at my baby belly, not the best picture but the only one I could find where you can actually see the bump. Love this little baby already-just a few more weeks til we find out boy or girl!

And to end this post
A few facts about Maggie:
She LOVES Finding Nemo. Jumps up and down when I put it on. The sad beginning scene is her favorite. She hisses like the mean fish and makes shocked faces.
She started nursery at church. It's a work in progress.
She is saying so many new words all of the time. She is a pro at "thank you" and says it all the time without me reminding her. She also just learned "wash", "Jesus", "and "happy"

A few facts about Katie:
I've been watching Drop Dead Diva on Netflix and find myself using lawyery terms now :)
The "no cooking curse" from the last pregnancy has followed me to this one. I don't want to cook, don't want to think of cooking, and don't want to think of food in general until I am eating. Also I have craved veggies and breadsticks with this baby. Lots and lots of breadsticks.
I just got released from my calling in young womens for the past 2 years. I really loved that calling and will miss serving and working with the girls and leaders. It was such a blessing in my life.

A few facts about Clancy:
He listens to books on CD during his drive to work. He has "read" more books in the last 3 months than he has since high school. (To clarify he read in college but it was text books about steel, water, concrete and engineering things. Not really a book you "read"). So far he's loved Ender's Game, The Biography of Larry H Miller, and Endurance.
He has gone on many hikes and bike rides with Maggie this summer. They have both loved these little daddy daughter dates.
He has probably cooked the most he has our whole marriage-like I said I hate cooking so he's stepped up to the plate and I couldn't be more grateful! Plus he's a pretty good cook!

3 comments:

Team Jefferies said...

Katie! You and your family are adorable! I love your baby bump and little Maggie is so cute. We miss you a ton! And by the way I LOVE Drop Dead Diva!!

deb said...

I love that she is reading to duckies. And you inspired me with the step stool idea. Violet loves helping me with dishes and cooking, so thank you!

kelcurtis said...

Is Maggie going to hiss at me next time I am around?