Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Just Us Right Now

Curtis Boy

 This boy is getting so big!!! I can't believe what a little chunkster he is now, seems like just yesterday he was a tiny little newborn. Just 5 more days until he is 6 months old!!!
He rolls from his tummy to his back and from his back to his side. He scoots a bit on his tummy but is usually mad while he is doing that.
He slobbers everywhere and all of the time. 
He started eating rice cereal.
His smile and eyes just melt my heart. He laughs a lot too if he is tickled or if everyone else is laughing. 
He is a very happy baby, hardly cries, and is just happy to be around people and see new things.

Mags

As shown above she loves lip gloss, make up, and nail polish right now. No I did not put on mascara, she was born with those dark and long beautiful lashes!

 This girl is just a little chatter box! I love it! Here are a few things we've heard from her.

We were at my parents house one night and my mom was holding Mags. She told Mags she needed to go make Grandpa's lunch for him to take to work in the morning. Mags asked, "Can't he make his own lunch?"
Haha! That's a good question Maggie.We all got a big kick out of that one.

For Easter we made resurrection rolls to try and keep Maggie's attention while we taught her about why we truly celebrate Easter.  A week later she saw a picture of Jesus outside the tomb in her LDS artbook. She told me all about how Jesus' friends were sad and then they put his body in the oven.
Uh Oh! I think we'll have to be more clear on that part of the story next year.

She's really into saying "sweet dreams" when we lay her down to go to bed. She tells us, "Sweet dreams of marshmallows, fireworks, and grandma and grandpa." I think this girl is excited for the 4th of July!

She has a very tender heart and if you say oh no or oops or ouch she wants to know exactly what happened. She asks me about peoples "owies" for weeks so if you have a bruise or scrape just don't show her or she'll be worried about you for weeks and ask me everyday if you're all better. Maybe we have a future nurse Maggie on our hands?

Katie

 I think I've just about figured out this mom of two thing (most days). 
Every week day in Richfield they have free lunch for kids 0-18 at the park so we stop, play, eat, and chat everyday. I love not having to make lunch!

I do the grocery shopping in the family and our Wal-Mart AMAZES me at some of the things they are out of stock in when I go shopping. A few are- gatorade, normal sized marshmallows, salted butter, and the one that really got me was milk chocolate chips!!! I think I need to write them a letter.

Speaking of shopping- my movie recommendation for the month is Bag It. Such a funny and great documentary that changed how Clancy and I think about plastic bags. We are now a reusable bag family at the grocery store.I even bought reusable produce bags, they have them at Target right now for a buck! Don't get on my back if you see me at the store and I forgot to bring my canvas bags, it has happened a few times, but I'm trying.

I'm teaching the sunbeams at church! What an amazing calling to bring you back to the basics. The last month we've talked about being grateful for hands, eyes, taste, and smell. It's really helped me appreciate those things more! I just love those little 4 year olds and all of their great insight into life.

Clancy

Clancy planned and took his scouts on a scout camp out for 3 days. He almost looks photo shopped into the picture but I promise he was there.

Clancy and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary last month! We had a nice weekend without the kids in SLC.  It's so funny because every time Clancy and I get to go out on a date or out just the two of us I feel like I've got this secret that nobody knows about us. Do people see us and think it's just the two of us when we go home? Little do they know we've got two little cuties that are usually always by our sides, in our arms, or in a stroller.

Clancy and I love the game Blokus. He usually beats me so if you are good at it you should come play with us and give Clancy a challenge!

Every Friday night we do pizza and movie night. Most of those Fridays Clancy and Mags make the Pizza together. I love seeing those two in the kitchen! This is one of our favorites to make- Spinach Alfredo Pizza.

He and Maggie just run around our house laughing. He is so good at being a kid again with her and showing her such great  fun and playful attention. She climbs on him like a jungle gym and when she tries to do that to me I tell her that daddy doesn't mind her sitting on his head but I do. 
Curtis automatically smiles when Clancy holds him. Clancy holds him every night for dinner and it's the nicest little break for me to be able to eat with both of my hands free!

Well that is us right now.
Peace out.


3 comments:

Tae and Jay said...

Dah I just miss you guys! Sounds like life is a blast!

Sandra said...

Come and play again! We had so much fun! This makes me want to visit you now! Also, I feel the same way when we go out without the kids. One time I was at grocery store and there was a little girl throwing a pretty mild tantrum. The mom was a little embarrassed and turned to me and said "this is what you have to look forward to." Haha I thought maybe I should tell her what she has to look forward to :)

Zac and Carla said...

What a fun update! Your kiddos are so cute! I liked the story about Jesus and the oven- so funny! :D
Glad you guys are doing good! Say hi to Clancy for us. :)