Friday, May 8, 2009

Becoming a Black

Last week Clancy planned such a fun date ( I love how good he is at planning things) Here was our day:

-Picked me up and drove down to Manti
-Stopped and had burgers and a shake and Clancy's favorite place
-Went and did baptisms for the dead at the Manti Temple
-Had a little panic moment while we thought about being at the Manti temple in 3 weeks for our wedding
-Went to Uncle Gary's place where we had food and fun

It was such a great day, we drove home exhausted and every once in awhile I'd lean over and tell Clancy thanks for such a great date. What I didn't know was there was a grand finale in store. We got home and set up on the table was a stack of the best wrapped gifts I'd ever seen, two plates(for the yummy dessert he made), and candles lit.


I opened them to find an Oregon State orange shirt, Oregon State hoodie, and Oregon state shoes with KTBlack on the side of them! What a lucky girl! For everyone who knows Clancy, what a lucky guy.

Early on in our relationship I learned the importance of the color orange in Clancy's life. I'm pretty sure he talked about orange on our first date and has probably mentioned the color every day since. This was his gift to me to make me an official Black. I never knew to become a Black I had to wear orange, but as I was putting it on and seeing Clancy have probably the biggest smile I've ever seen on his face I felt more like Mrs. Black.

It's coming quick this whole Katie Black thing. I'm so excited and Clancy loves the idea of it too, but I'm glad Clancy knows that even though I'm becoming a Black, I'll always be a Curtis Girl (love ya Ju and Tee!)

3 comments:

Julie said...

Watch out "she's bringing sexy BLACk"! I'm all pumped that I have an orange lover around, and I'm trying not to think about that burger and shake right now. What's the name of your fav. place where you got the food Clanc"L"y?
PS. I tried some of the dessert and it was amazing. Love ya'll!

Tee said...

What a man! I agree with Clancy...Bug you looked so cute in your Oregon State duds. We're down to single digit days, but you're right Tater...you'll always be a Curtis girl just like me and Ju...holler!

Becca said...

I love the color orange! MOstly since I've been buying boy things for junior coming along...the orange stuff is my fave! haha. You guys are too cute. I should get your bridals post done tomorrow....I want to tonight, but we will see how it goes. So check in and hopefully it will be more than just a "sneak." haha.
ps- love the song that's playing. don't know it, but I like it a lot.