This time last year was mine and Clancy's very first date. We really didn't know anything about eachother before our first date, really all we knew were eachothers names. During the last few weeks I've thought a lot about where I was this time last year and where I am right now, just one year later.
Last December was a hard month for me. I had recently broken up with a long time boyfriend, I was filling out mission papers, I was signed up for school- but didn't know what I wanted to go into, and I just felt awful. I was going in so many directions, but none of them felt right. I was frustrated and had said so many prayers my eyes hurt from crying and my knees hurt from kneeling, I decided I better pick a path and go for it, then if it was wrong the Lord would let me know. I decided to head full force down the path for a mission. Meet with the bishop. Check. Fill out all of the questions on if I would want to learn another language. Check. Go to the dentist. Check. Make Dr. Appointment. Almost Check...This is where Clancy came into the picture. We had been on a few dates and it was going so well. Everything just seemed to fit. We had a long talk right after we decided we were "dating" and I told him I was filling out mission papers. Gulp. It took him by suprise, but he was very supportive and knew I would make the right decision. As I drove home that night my prayers were answered and I knew I wasn't supposed to go on a mission. No, I didn't know I was supposed to marry Clancy right then and there, that was much later...okay like a week later, but I knew the Lord had something different he needed me to do. Finally, I felt right. There is no other word to describe how I felt except PEACE. It's the most amazing feeling to know you're headed in the right direction after spinning in every direction for so long. Heavenly Father answers our prayers and today I am thankful for that answered prayer that has now led me to where I am today- a giant leap from where I was just one year ago.
5 comments:
love it.
The Lord works in mysterious ways and is still working miracles. What an awesome story!
Katie, you are truly a gem! Thanks for sharing this!
What a neat story!!! Its amazing how the lord will always let us know what path to choose even if they all seem scary to start down...You seem super happy!
so...i sort of feel now like you were a year ago. thanks for writing this, dear katie, i had forgotten how similar we are.
i'm so happy things worked out for you-- you deserve it. and this gives me hope.
Post a Comment