Our first family reunion of the summer was down at Great Basin National Park- Our 2nd National Park of the Summer. This was for Clancy's Mom's side of the family. It was such a neat drive to be in the middle of no where with nothing for miles except one big beautiful mountain. By the way my hands are on my belly so you know I'm pregnant because I still wasn't showing much when we took this in July, but it really just looks like I'm very hungy in this picture, which I probably was :)
The second day there the whole bunch climbed to Wheeler Peak. Clancy loves this hike so I was sad I couldn't do it with him. We'll have to go again and baby girl can come and see it too!
We had so much fun making tie-dye shirts, playing games, eating, putting on a talent show, and sitting around the campfire telling stories. What an amazing family and what an great trip.
On the way back home some of us stopped at some caves ( I can't remember the name). It was completely mesmerizing, it was such a neat tour plus we got a lot of great looks with all of us in our tie-dye.
6 comments:
Isn't Katie cute with her belly? The caves are Lehman caves if anyone is interested, they're pretty amazing. I havn't seen Timp caves but everyone I hear says these are bigger. They are right at thebase of the mountain in Great Basin NP. You should all check them out.
Clancy
Katie, you're one of the few I know who can actually make tie-dye look super cute. :) And you're such a cute pregnant lady! I'm so excited to eventually see your little baby.
I also have your WEDDING gift STILL -- hahaha! Is there a time when I can get it to you guys? You probably already have it by now. But it would be a good excuse to come say hi anyway. ;) Let me know!
Lehman caves are excellent. I went when I was 14 with only my parents...so if I thought they were cool in those circumstances, that must mean they were pretty sweet.
I am so excited that you are having a girl too! Congratulations! I love hearing all about your adventures, so keep writing blogs often. I like it.
You two are so cute together and fabulous in every way. I loved seeing/meeting you and little miss bun-in-the-oven! :)
Hugs! Hope to see you again soon.
-Jenny
Don't lie, you did not wish you could've hiked with clancy! That was the first plus i heard that came out of your mouth after you said you were pregnant!
ps those cave pictures are AWESOME, i wanna go with you next time. love, ju
Post a Comment