That's what little girls are made of!
We had our ultrasound last Friday! Our appointment was at 1:30 and Clancy got home from work around 1:15 I had never seen him so nervous. He was pacing and rushing around the house but doing nothing. It was very cute because he is usually the calm one in the family.
We got to the Dr's office and soon they were putting the warm jelly on my belly. Then we saw her! It was so amazing but I was still holding my breath as they measured the head, stomach, kidneys, legs, arms, and heart. I just wanted to know how she was growing and how she's been doing in there for the last 20 weeks. Everything looked healthy and great and I was very relieved.
As they were going through and measuring, Clancy was the MAN! They would be looking at her legs and before they told us what was going on he would say, "Is that the legs?" He did it with everything! He knows his baby girl.
Last was the big news, what were we having?...well I've already given it away in this post but....It's a GIRL!
We were both very surprised, although my official guess was a girl, I really thought it was a boy and Clancy did too :) At the same time we couldn't be happier to have a sweet little girl. Our families are ecstatic as well, it was so fun to tell all those boy guessers that it was a girl. My mom started screaming, she said she guessed a boy because she is always wrong and she wanted it to be a girl.
I'll be posting another baby belly picture soon. I feel like I get bigger everyday so hopefully you'll see the growing that's been going on the last 3 weeks.
PS- It's Clancy's 24th Birthday today, he's a little sheepish about all the attention that comes with a birthday, but here's a shout out to my amazing husband and if you see him today be sure to let him know that his wife loves him very much as a little birthday present.
Friday, September 3, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How exciting!! A girl!! Congratulations guys, we are so happy for you!
Congrats!! I'm trying to write a post about all the things you'll need as a new mom!
I'm so glad I found your blog (and by the way, blog title: adorable!). Congrats on the baby! You are glowing in your beautiful prego pics. Hopefully we see you guys around sometime!
Yay! Congrats on the news!
Post a Comment