Thursday, September 10, 2015

Wear A Helmet


A few things have happened where I really wish I could have been recording and watched that moment in life over and over again.
1. Maggie vs. the Mailbox- We were leaving to go on a walk and Maggie got on her Curtis' balance bike. I got out her helmet and she asked me why she needed a helmet when she's on just the little bike? I explained that it protects her head if she falls over or runs into anything.
We head out on our walk and we turn down a corner where the sun is blazing us all right in the face. Maggie puts her head down to keep the sun out of her eyes but charges right along as usual on the bike and SMACK! runs right into a mailbox. Then she looks up turns a little and keeps on going! Clancy and I were laughing our heads off. When we caught up to her she was laughing too and saying it was a good thing she had her helmet on!


2. Maggie vs. The Creek-By my parents house there is a park where a small creek runs through it. I grew up playing in the creek water with my friends and have so many good memories there and now I've got another great memory to add to the list.
We went over to the park to race ducks down the creek (you know, just normal rubber ducks) We toss them in at one bridge and fetch them out with a rake at another bridge. We did this a few times and Maggie really wanted to get the ducks out with the rake. She ran down to the second bridge, grabbed the rake and put it in the water. Sure enough after a few seconds the force of the water pulling on the rake pulled her right in the water with the rake. She belly flopped in and I screamed! Her cousin Solomon reached over the bridge and grabbed her hands and helped hold her up til Clancy got there and pulled her out. She was shocked for sure from the cold water but I could see Clancy talking to her and then they both just started laughing and laughing. All of us there got a good laugh and the boys saved the rake and all the ducks from the water.

1 comment:

Tasha Johnson said...

She is so beautiful! I can't believe how big she is now!!!